Friday 2 November 2007

oops

Well, as with all my past attempts at keeping a diary, I have missed a few days. I'm a busy man, you see.
All is well with the next generation of me. Gill went to see the midwife who filled in some forms and took some blood samples and did the things that they do and then she went to see her consultant gynaecologist who was quite happy with everything, even to the point of being impressed with the size of the baby at this stage. He also wants her to try and have a natural birth and can't see any problems so far but he will have a better idea after the 20 week scan has been done.
So every day takes me closer to being a dad. But even so, I can't seem to get too excited in case things go wrong. I'll be a lot happier after the birth but then I shall no doubt start worrying about the kid's future etc. I've always considered myself an optimist and quite laid back and now I am the complete opposite with regards to parenthood. Is that normal? Is that how everybody feels? This is without doubt the most significant thing I have ever done in my entire life. It's understandable, I suppose, that I am inwardly panicking. Panicking always makes me seem to act cooler and more detached than normal. Fortunately, I don't have any hair to go grey!
I haven't stopped smoking yet but Gill is still going strong without her ciggies which is very impressive considering how much she used to smoke. I only hope that she will continue even after the birth. I have cut down a lot though. I've only got one pouch of baccy left and then I can stop properly.
Need to get back to Gill's knitting now.

No comments: