Monday 26 November 2007

Travelling

Here is a picture of the inside of Whitby Abbey, up in the north east. It is famous for being the landing place of Count Dracula which is really all I know about the place. I find this disappointing! I travelled a long way and paid a sum of money to get inside the place and never made the effort to learn about it. This is very sad and has made me realise how important it is to actually fully take notice of everywhere you visit. God knows if I will ever make it there again. I took some good photos as well with no information to back them up. Needless to say, a lesson has been learned. I am popping down south for a long weekend soon and I will certainly make more of an effort when I get there to actually learn something about wherever I go. But how many of us do this? Go and visit a place and come away none the wiser about it, only moaning about how much it cost or whether it was raining and cold. I'm sure I'm not the only one. And I won't allow it to happen again! What would my kid think?!?

2 comments:

Donna said...

I know what you mean. That's a great photo though, very atmospheric.

Mandragon said...

Glad you liked it. I'm hoping my photography will be as good as your knitting one day.