Monday 22 October 2007

Please be gentle, it's my first time!

Helloooo.

My name is Mark and this is the first time I have ever blogged. A friend of mine is a regular blogger and, having lost touch a little, I have managed to keep up with what's going on in her life. I thought this would be a good idea for me so that maybe friends could keep up with what's going on in my life without me having to bore them personally. At least this way they can turn it off when they've had enough without offending me and I won't go on and on and on and on and risk copping a slap!

I am also going to be a Daddy in 7 months time all being well. My fiancee, Gill, is going through a high risk pregnancy so it will be a scary and exciting next few months. It will be my first child. I'm 39 years old, Gill is 37 -she won't mind me telling you- and she has been trying for 15 years to have kiddies. We have been going out for about 14 months and I have managed to do what IVF and other fertility treatments have failed to do. Needless to say, I'm pretty chuffed with myself! There is still a way to go though but this is my way of telling the world how happy I am and inviting friends as well as strangers a bit more into my life.

I also want to be a novellist (seeing as I'm already a great lover!) so what better way than to do this? I also need to stop smoking so that I can be around for my kid for as long as possible so this will give me something to do instead of inhaling cancer. And I will be spending more time in, (hence the title of the blog) so what better way than this to pass the time in between daddying!

No comments: