Tuesday 23 October 2007

I have managed to convince Gill to give up smoking! She has had a prescription for nicorette chewing gums (must be mint flavoured it said) and she is going to start tomorrow. She has done this obviously for the benefit of the bump which means that I will have to make an effort and stop as well. But maybe not tomorrow. We recently brought 3400 fags back with us from Ibiza which would have lasted us several months and it looks like we will have to sell them now 'cos I ain't giving them away! Typical! Glad I didn't buy a Zippo lighter as that has a lifetime guarantee.
It's funny that new life is heading my way, given that my job as a funeral directors assistant means that I deal with the complete opposite every day. I have only been doing this job for about 3 months. Before this, I was a General Manager of a bingo hall. Not a lot of difference really apart from the smell. It used to be much worse in the bingo. And even after spending 11 years in the bingo industry I still cannot fathom why on earth anybody plays it. At least it paid my wages for a bit for which I will be eternally grateful.
Must remember to wash the ashtrays before I go to bed and hide the rest of the cigs. And maybe be a bit more pleasant in the morning before coffee.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Wow, was it really 11 years you were at the bingo?? Where did that time go? Ahh, remember the old days of poo & wee, you've got all that to come again once the bump is born!!